Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Looking for book on building Voice of Theatre

  1. #1
    Inactive Member AmazingOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9th, 2007
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I bought a book back in the Sixties explaining in detail on how to build the Altec Lansing Voice of the Theatre. I haven't seen it on Amazon. Does anyone know the exact title of the book and where I could get it?

    thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    Greets!

    Don't know about a detailed explanation, but "How to Build Speaker Enclosures" by Alexis Badmaieff and Don Davis showed various plans including the A7's, which is available here: http://www.lansingheritage.org/images/altec/plans/1960's-lf-design/page14.jpg

    GM

  3. #3
    Inactive Member AmazingOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9th, 2007
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow thanks GM. This looks like the one for me!

    AO

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by GM:
    "How to Build Speaker Enclosures" by Alexis Badmaieff and Don Davis
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This book appears quite often on Ebay..... However it normally goes for about $75 on up, from what I've seen. I got my copy from the neighbor across the street, when I was about 14 :-) .....it's what first exposed me to the Altec Lansing A7 :-)

  5. #5
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Used paperback copies <$25 on Amazon.

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    You're welcome! The later 828, which is a bit better cab, is here: http://www.lansingheritage.org/images/altec/plans/1970's-lf-plans/enclosures11.jpg

    $75 - up?! Wonder what my well worn binder taped reinforced '72 ed. is worth. I was 20 when it first came out and don't remember what I paid for it, but the '72 ed. paperback has a $3.95 USD/$4.95 Can. price tag, which according to this inflation rate calculator makes it ~ $15.73/$19.71 today: http://inflationdata.com/inflation/I...or.asp#results

    GM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.